1. Which company's famously advertised vision statement is 'The Network is the Computer'?
(A) Cisco Systems
(B) Lucent Technologies
(C) Sun Microsystems
(D) Nortel Networks
2. The software company I-flex Solutions was originally a division of which famous financial services company?
(D) ABN Amro Bank
3. Which former advertising personality has recently been named the Undersecretary of State for 'public diplomacy and public affairs' of the US in an exercise to rebrand the US following the September 11 terrorist strikes?
(A) Charlotte Beers
(B) Jay Chiat
(C) Martin Sorrell
(D) George Lois
4. Which premium international range of luggage was recently launched in India by BlowPlast?
(C) American Tourister
5. This year saw the launch of Yahoo!, Amazon.com and the famous launch of the Orange mobile phone service in the UK. Which year was this?
6. Henry Ford revolutionised the car market with the first mass- produced car, the Ford Model T. In which year was it launched?
7. Mr. Shiv Nadar is the Chairman of which of the following groups of companies?
(D) None of these
8. Which company owns the footwear brand - Stryde?
(C) Tata International
(D) Hindustan Lever
9. It was the brand that made David Ogilvy famous. Which shirt brand's ads had the famous man with an eye patch in the 1950s, which catapulted David Ogilvy to fame?
(A) Van Heusen
(B) Arrow Shirts
10. Dr. Pepper is a famous brand of—
(C) Soft Drinks
(D) None of these
11. In the case of a test tube baby—
(A) Fertilization takes place inside the test tube
(B) Development of the baby takes place inside the test tube
(C) Fertilization takes place outside the mother's body
(D) Unfertilized egg develops inside the test tube
12. Who elects the President of India?
(A) Lok Sabha
(B) Rajya Sabha
(C) People of India
(D) Parliament and State Assemblies
13. The Fundamental Duties were incorporated in the Constitution of India by the—
(A) First Amendment
(B) Tenth Amendment
(C) Thirty-second Amendment
(D) Forty-second Amendment
14. The speed of light will be minimum while passing through—
15. The time taken by the Sun to revolve around the center of our galaxy is—
(A) 50 mn years
(B) 100 mn years
(C) 250 mn years
(D) 365 mn years
16. The oldest monarchy in the world is that of—
(B) U K
17. The Vice-President is elected by an electoral college consisting of—
(A) only elected members of both Housed of Parliament
(B) only Rajya Sabha members
(C) all members of Parliament and State Legislative Assemblies
(D) all members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
18. In which one of the following states of India is it legal for a Hindu male and illegal for a Muslim male to have more than one living wife?
(C) Himachal Pradesh
(D) Arunachal Pradesh
19. Where did Buddha die?
20. What was the main difference between the Indus Valley Civilization and Vedic Civilization?
(A) Indus Valley Civilization was urban, while the Vedic Civilization was rural.
(B) "Pipal" tree was worshiped in Indus Valley Civilization, while "Burgad" tree was worshiped in Vedic Civilization.
(C) The main emphasis in Indus Valley Civilization was on trade while in the Vedic Age was on religion.
(D) Indus Valley Civilization believed in non-violence while Vedic Civilization had no hard and fast rules about violence.
21. All of the following are constituents of RNA molecule except—
22. The father of modern biology is—
23. Which of the following seeds will normalize blood sugar level?
24. The point at which solid, liquid and gaseous forms of a substance co-exist is called—
(A) sublimation point
(B) distillation point
(C) triple point
(D) melting point
25. Which among the following substances is used as a lubricant?
1.C 2.A 3.A 4.D 5.B
6.C 7.B 8.C 9.C 10.C
11.C 12.D 13.D 14.A 15.C
16.D 17.D 18.B 19.B 20.A
21.C 22.A 23.D 24.C 25.C