101. Which one of the following partnership in the domestic insurance sector is INCORRECT?
(A) HDFC - Standard Life
(B) Birla - Sun Life
(C) Tata - Allianz
(D) Max - New York Life
102. Royal Stag brand of Whisky is owned by—
(A) United Breweries
(B) Shaw Wallace and Co
(D) Mohan Meakin
103. "Everything from cancer to heart attacks. Covered for 70 paise a day," is the baseline of an advertisement by—
(A) Birla Sun Life
(B) Cancer Institute WIA
(C) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
(D) OM Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance
104. Which Indian woman was recently included in the Fortune magazine's global list of 50 most powerful women in business?
(A) Lalita Gupte
(B) Meena Venkatesh
(C) Rama Bijapurkar
(D) Tina Ambani
105. As per the recent Global Competitiveness Report from the World Economic Forum, which country replaced US as the most competitive economy in the world?
106. What is common to Bethlehem Steel, Polaroid and Swissair?
(A) All companies owned by GE
(B) All recently applied for bankruptcy protection
(C) Their founders committed suicide
(D) All of these companies were recently targets of successful hostile takeover
107. What famous brand name is derived from a combination of two words, which mean 'dead' in French and 'one' in German?
108. Which is the longest running TV cartoon in history, first launched by Warner Brothers in 1969 exclusively for television, and is now a popular fare on the Cartoon Network?
(A) Scooby Doo
(B) Tom and Jerry
(D) Johnny Bravo
109. Which company has recently launched a range of biscuits in India following its takeover of Nutrine confectionery?
(A) Hindustan Lever
(C) Parke Davis
(D) Sara Lee
110. In the latest Forbes List of wealthiest Americans, 3 out of the top 4 richest men in USA have made their wealth from one company. Which one ?
(A) Standard Oil (Exxon)
(C) De Beers
(D) Berkshire Hathaway
111. Which is the third highest peak in India?
(B) Nanga Parbat
(C) Gasher Brum
112. Which is the largest airport in the world?
(A) Singapore airport
(B) International airport at Kaula Lumpur
(C) Heathrow at London
(D) King Khalid at Saudi Arabia
113. In which year did Alexander the great die?
(A) 332 B.C
(B) 328 B.C
(C) 323 B.C
(D) 356 B.C
114. In which year did Mahatma Gandhi launch The Dandi March?
115. Eugenics is the study of
(A) the development of embryos
(B) the merits of legalizing mercy killing
(C) the production of better offspring by careful selection of parents
(D) genetical composition of plant population in relation to their habitats
116. In which year did Thomas Alva Edison invent the electric lamp?
117. What is the measure of the length of a standard tennis court?
(A) 54 ft
(B) 28 ft
(C) 84 ft
(D) 78 ft
118. Which is the first Asian country to host the Commonwealth Games?
(A) S. Korea
119. Who is the president of the World Bank?
(A) Michel Camdessus
(B) John Wolfensohn
(C) Emeka Anyaoku
(D) Jose Maria Ruda
120. Who was the first Prime Minister of Great Britain?
(A) Richard Travithick
(B) Robert Walpole
(C) Sir George Cayley
(D) Robert Peary
121. Which advertising agency is behind the setting-up, in 1991, of MICA, India's first college focussed on advertising and communications?
(A) Ogilvy and Mather
(B) Saatchi and Saatchi
(D) Hindustan Thomson Associates
122. What famous car brand, originally from the former Czechoslovakia, was taken over by Volkswagen in the 1990s?
123. What is the title of the original BBC TV series on which the Hindi TV series, Kamzor Kadi Kaun, based?
(A) Who wants to be a millionaire?
(B) Treasure mine
(D) The weakest link
124. The loyalty program of which company is known as "First Citizen's Club"?
(A) Shopper's Stop
(B) ABN Amro Bank
(C) Taj group of Hotels
(D) Air India
125. The following is the baseline found in the ad of which product "The man with the smooth edge"
(A) Four Square cigarettes
(B) Gillette Mach 3 shaving system
(C) Palmolive shaving cream
(D) None of these
101.C 102.C 103.C 104.A 105.C
106.B 107. B 108.A 109.D 110.B
111.B 112.D 113.C 114.B 115.C
116.B 117.D 118.C 119.B 120.B
121.C 122.A 123.D 124.A 125.A